Sunday, January 30, 2011

So, dancing was great fun last weekend.... it was amazing to be able to dance and do what you wanted to do... all without a young man attached to your backside. Very freeing, lol. I told W that anytime she wanted to go, if I were available, I would come along. I found the women to be friendly and not aggressive, something which you dont find at a normal club. Although there were a couple of women who showed interest in me they were quite respectful, and didn't get into my space the way that men do. I did find it interesting that the style of dance that most of them were doing was very masculine (boxy and stiff) there were only a few which actually used their hips and shoulders. My friend told me later that I had straight written all over me by the way I was dancing. hehehe... I guess it's good to know that I don't dance gay (whatever that means ).

All that being said, I am making plans to go to a normal club this weekend, with my girlfriend Julie. We always have such amazing times together... absolutely the best! It is such fun, she is like me in so many respects and yet in others we are opposite and really compliment each other. I am tall (about 5'10") and she is almost a foot shorter than I am (she is 4'11"), although with her heels she is much taller. Her hair is long... almost to her butt, and mine is short... it was more contrasting when I was blonde (but I'm done with that for now ). She is the best... always ready to just have a good time, even if it means that Ren is going to be a total goof and make a scene. I love that she allows me to be exactly who I am and doesn't stiffle me. An absolute gem of a friend, I am a lucky girl indeed. So if I am lucky and it works out I will be dancing up a storm again this coming weekend... it looks like I wont have another opportunity until I get to Chicago. sigh (A,G and A had better be ready to boogie! )

So, have some fun... do something u love, something that feeds your soul and doesn't diminish you from being you......

Hugz ,

Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment