Sunday, January 30, 2011

Be the Change

Over the years I have been frustrated by many things (who hasn't). Not the least of which is the amount of sadness and suffering that I see people living with. I see people chosing to live their lives miserably, wallowing in what they think is a bad day, week, year or life. I thank God that I am not someone who looks at things through the eyes of right and wrong. I am much more likely to look at instances as experiences and what can I learn from this than was it wrong or bad. I've learned that the more narrow you make your definition of right and wrong the more narrow your existance will be. The less you judge yourself and others the more full and open you will live. Although I say this I also know that there are a lot of bad things that happen in peoples lives which they have no control over. That is fine... I really think we have control over so few things anyway... it's all an illusion- aside from your perception and how u go on from an event. I have designed my life to be able to help others where I can....I try and volunteer periodicly at a local convelescent home and also do a lot of work with a nonprofit that works w families and children. Sunday I was in charge of a fundraiser. I had to negotiate out the contract with the convention center... plan the menu, do the publicity, get speakers to come to the event, and everything else including but not limited to nametags,guestlists etc. It was a lot of work but turned out to be a lovely event. I needed to thank my committees and introduce the speakers and was as nervous as hell. There were only 150 people there so it wasn't too big of a group but since we were set up with the podium at the end of a long room I felt like I was being watched very closely (ick). The good news is I didn't pass out and didn't say anything too outrageous... it all turned out beautifully and was a good primer for my big event in March (850 people there- ugh). So anyway.... I think my intention was to say that if you see something in this life that you wish were differnet do what u can to change it. It only takes a few kind words to make someones day... you may be the only smile they see that week... do something good and give of yourself. (getting down off my soapbox now)

Have a great day and be good to each other! :D

Renny

No comments:

Post a Comment