Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Very Own Critic

Once again... and email from a friend (yes, a real friend not a cyber one ) is prompting part of my blog. She sent a lil story along w/ a pic of us together. We were acting like fools (what a shock!) at a restaurant in Orlando. Along with the pic she had some questions... like when u look at me what do u see? how do u feel etc? then after I replied she asked the same questions but looking at myself in the pic. I find it amazing how, even though, I've done a lot of work on accepting who I am I can be so critical of myself. After I sent that email back to her she sent back a response of what she sees when she looks at me in the pic. It was a great excercise.... if you have someone who you can be completely honest with I suggest you do it (this could pertain much more to the females out there than the males... I dunno). So in this pic. this is what I see... lol.

•... I see the red dot at the end of my nose. LMAO! This is a funny thing that I was born with... it is just a lil red dot... smack in the middle of my face... centered on the end of my nose. too funny... it's like someone took a marker and marked me. I have had a friends lil boy say to me "you have a boo boo?" and I didn't know what he was talking about.... she said "you habe a pimple on the end of your nose." LOL nope... it's my mark. So anyway its noticable to me... doesn't bother me (unless someone thinks I have a blemish there) so I guess I'll keep it.
•The other things aren't as telling or personal as that... I hate my trapezious muscles (I know goofy...but I do) they are huge from swimming competitively for so many years....
•my whiter than white skin which shows every mark and flaw as if it were light in neon...
•and the new changes around my eyes.... over all I'm good... nothing that bothers me too much (with this part anyway). Everything and everyone is a work in progress I know this and accept that. I am actually more comfortable now, in this skin, than I have ever been before... so please dont feel that u need to shore me up... I'm not looking for anything like that I simply wanted to talk about this email and some of my irks about my physical appearance. I also know that if you stare too long ( and analize too much you could think a sunset is flawed (which they most definitely are not).
BE WELL! BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELVES, and as always HUGS from Ren!

No comments:

Post a Comment